Does Brat allow grouping together of repeated annotated entities?

Anya Gajjar

Apr 6, 2020, 5:46:40 AM4/6/20
to brat-users
Does Brat allow grouping coreferences together?

Goran Topic

Apr 6, 2020, 11:56:27 PM4/6/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
The question is a bit light on details, but if I understand what you are asking, you can use Equivalence relations:

--

---

Sharmishtha Dutta

Apr 7, 2020, 12:04:59 AM4/7/20
to brat-users
Hi,
I think the question is more like "If I annotate "egg" as "food", does brat automatically annotate all other instances of "egg" as "food"?"

I might be wrong though.

Goran Topic

Apr 7, 2020, 12:25:37 AM4/7/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
It does not. There are several features that can help you with that:

* Search: Search for "egg" with Ctrl-F, annotate as "food"; then go to the next instance (Ctrl-G) and repeat the annotation (Ctrl-H) on it if you wish. (Note: Ctrl-H is a rather recent feature, requiring installation from git clone). Use Cmd instead of Ctrl on Mac.
* Lock the annotation (next to the OK button in the annotation dialog), so you can annotate in the same way simply by selecting the span, without showing the dialog. (Works also in older versions)

Goran

--

---

Anji

Apr 11, 2020, 10:52:41 AM4/11/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I will explain it a bit more.

For example, consider a paper abstract containing these two phrases, 1) "An evidence-based exercise program" and 2) "Energy through motion activity program". These (1 and 2) are basically referring to the same things. They want to interactively group it together per document. I am not sure if it is currently available in brat? I will be really grateful for your response.

--
Anjani K Dhrangadhariya

Goran Topic

Apr 11, 2020, 11:39:32 PM4/11/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
In that case, I have already answered: use an equivalence relation.

Goran