list to anotators brat

Aninha

May 6, 2020, 8:17:17 AM5/6/20
to brat-users
Guys, does brat distribute documents to anotators? If I have a list of files, won't it give the same file to different people?

Jean-Philippe Goldman

May 6, 2020, 10:24:43 AM5/6/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aninha,

if I understand well your questions

1.does brat distribute documents to anotators?

documents ? you mean side documents with instructions, or files to annotate ?
To my knowledge, brat file browser only shows .txt file . if you can communicate instructions to your annotators through brat, you can have a file next to your files to be annotated and named instructions.txt (mentionning that this file does not need to be annotated of course :)

2.If I have a list of files, won't it give the same file to different people?

you may oranize groups of files in separate subfolders and attribute these to annotators separately.
you can even restrict access to such or such subfolder depending on the registered user identity.

j:-P

--

---

Bruna de Jesus Ramos

May 6, 2020, 1:38:35 PM5/6/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Please, how can I restrict access to folders and subfolders for the users that I created in config.py?

Bruna Ramos | AIJUS

Av. Eusébio Matoso, 1375 | 13º Andar | Pinheiros
São Paulo - SP
www.semantix.com.br

Goran Topic

May 6, 2020, 1:41:51 PM5/6/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
Two basic ways: ACL file and hidden folders, as discussed here:
I suggest hidden folders as the easier of the two.

Goran

Bruna de Jesus Ramos

Goran Topic

May 6, 2020, 2:25:30 PM5/6/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
Just name the folder so that it starts with a dot, and make the name not easily guessable:
brat/data/annotators/.james-without-spork-srsly
brat/data/annotators/.jennifer-notbornin2024
brat/data/annotators/.takeshi-0xDEADBEEF

Then give the annotators the direct link to their folder, as the folders will not show up in the document browser:

Goran