Hierarchical entities

Karin Verspoor

Oct 22, 2020, 12:00:51 AM10/22/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com

We have a hierarchical entity scheme, defined in the annotation.conf file with tabs as described at https://brat.nlplab.org/configuration.html#annotation-configuration , per below.

However, in the browser, the labels are showing up in a flat list.

Is there some other configuration setting I should check to see why this might be happening?

This is brat-v1.3_Crunchy_Frog installed on a Linux server and running through a browser.

Thank you.

Karin Verspoor

--

[entities]

# Definition of entities.

# Format is a simple list with one type per line.

CATEGORY1

        label11

        label12

CATEGORY2

CATEGORY3

        label31

        label32

        label33

Goran Topic

Oct 22, 2020, 6:48:56 AM10/22/20
to brat-...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry, there's not enough information for me to figure out the problem.
There is an example configuration at `configurations/AnEM/annotation.conf` that has entity hierarchy.
It works on my installation. Can you test if it works on yours?
If it works, it is likely that something in your configuration is not correct; if you send it as an attachment or upload it to a file share website, I will take a look at it.
If it does not work, then it may be that it is a bug that has been fixed since. You may want to get the latest brat source by `git clone` - there are many bygs that have been fixed since the Crunchy Frog was packaged.

Goran

--

---