Registration for Authorial Fictions and Attributions III

7 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

BRANECollective

nepřečteno,
3. 11. 2021 18:29:2603.11.21
komu: BRANECollective
Hello members of the BRANE Collective,

You are cordially invited to the next two panels in our series, co-hosted with the North American Society for the Study of Christian Apocryphal Literature, and the Second Temple Early Career AcademyAuthorial Fictions and Attributions in the Ancient Mediterranean!

This colloquium brings together scholars working on early Judaism, early Christianity, and Classics to discuss authorship and attribution beyond the typical boundaries of our fields. Monthly events through December will feature panel discussions of prominent work in this area, alongside new research presentations. Come join us to hear interdisciplinary dialogue on authorial fictions and attributions in the ancient Mediterranean, featuring top scholars in ancient history, as well as rising stars among early career researchers! Our series continues next week with two panels:

November 9, 12:00-1:30pm EST // 6:00-7:30pm CET

Panel 1: Panellists Ben WrightEva MroczekJamey Walters, and Tim Whitmarsh will discuss the essay: Benjamin G. Wright III and Eva Mroczek, “Ben Sira’s Pseudo-Pseudepigraphy: Idealizations from Antiquity to the Early Middle Ages,” in Sirach and Its Contexts: The Pursuit of Wisdom and Human Flourishing, ed. Samuel Adams, Greg Schmidt Goering, and Matthew J. Goff, JSJSupp 196 (Leiden: Brill, 2021), 213-239.

November 9, 2:00-3:30pm EST // 8:00-9:30pm CET

Panel 2: Panellists Tom GeueCandida Moss, and Sarah Rollens will discuss the book: Tom Geue, Author Unknown: The Power of Anonymity in Ancient Rome (Cambridge, MA: Harvard, 2019).

Please feel free to circulate this information in your academic networks - this event is available to all on Zoom. Hope to see you there!

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat
0 nových zpráv