on the speed and time interval on n back training

Ryan Panda

Dec 30, 2021, 8:01:02 PM12/30/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi, friends,

I am tweaking the speed of the n-back training Does increase speed or decrease speed have better help with working memory when training ?

Sincerely,
Ryan

unknown player

Jan 3, 2022, 9:47:15 PM1/3/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

I would like to know the answer to this too, since I am training using the intuitive method I decreased the time per trial but I don't know if it's the best way to go about it.

Kumar Brito

Jan 3, 2022, 11:04:11 PM1/3/22
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Yes I want to learn

david

Jan 4, 2022, 4:20:52 AM1/4/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
i don't believe the exact answer to this question is known. i haven't seen any research that mentioned the effect of various interval lengths when training. therefore, all i can provide you with is my best guess. your mileage may vary.

by "intervals" i assume you're referring to the time between each trial, where the default length is 3 seconds in most DNB programs. i haven't experimented with different interval lengths, but i imagine shorter intervals will be more difficult, more taxing on your working memory. i also have a sense that the more difficult the training is, the better.

so if i had to guess, i'd say that decreasing time per trial could make your training more effective because i imagine the task would become substantially more difficult. furthermore, you could also complete more sets per unit time because each set would take less time to complete. again, i haven't tried this, but i think it could work. i don't see anything wrong with experimenting, i make changes to my training routine all the time.

hope that makes sense. sorry i couldn't give a conclusive answer, i think very little is known about this. i'm happy to help if you have more questions.

infogr...@free.fr

Jan 5, 2022, 11:12:32 AM1/5/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

wanamitsa

Jan 14, 2022, 10:53:28 PM1/14/22
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
How do we know the improvement seen isn't an increase in "real" working memory,
but more like the subject is learning how to take full control of their executive control
system to match the processing pattern of the task with their working memory capacity?
found this question in the comment section

dominic lambert

Jul 11, 2022, 5:57:07 PM7/11/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think the perceived improvement in working memory is partially due to an increase in executive control.