What is the max I can train a day?

unknown player

Nov 21, 2021, 7:41:46 PM11/21/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hello I recently started using Dual n Back and at the moment I have a lot of free time so I wanted to ask if it is safe to train dual n back for 2-3+ hours a day chunked up throughout the day, not non-stop. Thanks !!

Fredo Corleone

Nov 23, 2021, 6:10:14 AM11/23/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Don't do that, you can provide much more to humanity than losing hours everyday on a stupid game.
Learn some new skill instead...

unknown player

Nov 23, 2021, 5:17:02 PM11/23/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

so you are saying that dual n back is a stupid game that is not worth my time?

wanamitsa

Nov 25, 2021, 3:29:46 AM11/25/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Actually it is helpful if done correctly all you need to do is the highest which is 100 sessions lowest 20 you can go through yourday and a
at around 4 or 5 you start ,you do 20 - 40 session in the first hour i recommend 20 then at 6 the same if you start at 5 that is you
you don't do any other sessions at seven for an hour then you continue from 8-10 which is the recommended time to sleep and for 4 you end at 6

dual n back has transfer effects and they occur after 3weeks of training then when you reach somewhere like 4back you'll star
 to see changes in cognition that is memory retention and thinking speed and juggling of info but if this is too intense you can
just do 20 sessions a day consistently the former is also should be done consistently you should
strain yourself and push past your limits memorize the square grids with visual memory and letters and keep updating  the nfo based on n back level
after 20 sessions you will feel fatigue which is good

dot

Nov 25, 2021, 2:42:53 PM11/25/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
i don't believe 2-3 hours of training is necessary (but i have heard that more is better). i've never heard about any adverse side effects to intensive training, so i wouldn't worry about that. someone can correct me if i'm wrong though. the standard recommendation is about 20 minutes. around the time i first started (june 2020), i trained for 20 minutes every day. however, currently i only do DNB for a few minutes daily, and i am still experiencing benefits. for reference, i started at D2B (very first day), and now i'm on D10B.

personally, now i care more about the number of cycles rather than the session length. e.g. 20 trials at D5B would be 4 cycles, because 5x4=20.

if you keep the session length constant but increase N levels, you will be going through fewer cycles. e.g. 20 trials at D10B would be 2 cycles. 10x2=20

more cycles means more working memory updating, which is where i think most of the difficulty comes from. just some things you might want to consider.

nema...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2021, 3:57:58 AM12/1/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Every strategy or advice on n-back is just speculative. There are no reliable evidences on what is more efficient and what is not. Remember this.

The simplest advice I could give is:
Try for yourself. Train, change setup, train, change setup, train, change setup; then eventually you will say what you feel is optimal for yourself.