Simple Memory Game on Android

Gerard Kerin

Apr 5, 2017, 9:49:43 AM4/5/17
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I recently put together this app: Stimulate - Brain Training for Android

The task consists simply of memorising n number of items,
then recalling them by pressing on corresponding item buttons.
Recalling all items in the correct order increases your level;
making a mistake decreases your level, to a minimum of 1.

For now, there are various different stimuli you can use:
  • positions on a grid
  • positions placed in random positions on the screen
  • colors
  • numbers
  • emoji images
  • a mixed mode comprised of various different stimuli
Mixed mode is an attempt to prevent chunking.

The next update is to extend the application with an unordered game mode
where items can be recalled in any order. This should be an interesting
form of recall as it may encourage a more instinctive & intuitive approach
rather than the recital and chunking strategies common to n back training.

Looking forward to some testing and feedback! Thanks.

nemamea 1

Apr 7, 2017, 3:22:33 AM4/7/17
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
The game is fantastic; simple and efficient! Thank you!

Do you consider adding: a) variable speed, b) possibility not to increase/decrese level depending of the success, c) crab mode?

Thank you.

Gerard Kerin

Apr 20, 2017, 2:58:43 AM4/20/17
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I have released an updated form of the game but with a different link. The original was flagged for copyright due to my icon.

The new version includes a custom option where you can set variable speed, the level, and prevent automatic level changes.
Crab mode is included as well. Thank you for the great ideas!

I may add the option to view progress graphs soon and perhaps a PC or web version.

nemamea 1

Apr 21, 2017, 5:19:44 PM4/21/17
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Thank you. It is really nice! I believe it is perfectly complementary with classic n-back (in e.g. Brain Workshop).
I hope this community will recognize your work and use this app.

nema...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2022, 5:07:48 AM4/12/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Does anyone has installation of this app?