How to get better at color

SayHello

Jan 30, 2024, 3:27:14 PMJan 30
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Tell me your tips and recommendations, because I am really struggling with color.

Steinbi

Jan 31, 2024, 7:27:34 AMJan 31
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I've also struggled with this. It helps to encode the colors in words in your mind, if you are only doing position/color, but might become difficult if you are doing higher modal n-back where you need to rely on your auditory processing for sounds as well.

I suspect there might also be a way to "visualize" the colors in some spatial memory buffer but either my buffer is terribly bad or it's not really possible since my scores drop drastically if I move away from the method of encoding the colors with words.

Working Memory

Feb 1, 2024, 11:48:30 AMFeb 1
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think it has to do with visualization if you were to do it the 'correct' way. Everyone has different abilities to visualize. There is a lot of evidence to suggest it can be trained, but it will probably take quite a while for some.