Syllogimous v3

Fredo Corleone

Sep 10, 2021, 11:00:00 AM9/10/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi guys I've just released Syllogimous v3.

Much better than the v1 and v2, as syllogisms now are multi-premise and much more difficult than a poly-syllogism (like in v2).
I've also put same/opposite/less/more questions that are of interest to many of you (to know more https://raiseyouriq.com/the-science);

I don't know if you played with MGS when you were younger,  I made this app with a MGS-like theme which I think it's quite cool.

I could make a slide menu (left or right) and put a leaderboard with lets say top 100 players if you think it's worth doing it. Let me know!

syllogimous-v3-screenshot.png

syllogimous-v3-screenshot1.png

Uroš Lukić

Sep 12, 2021, 2:04:28 PM9/12/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
What are the effects of training syllogistic logic?

Fredo Corleone

Sep 13, 2021, 4:43:17 AM9/13/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
That you get better at it, people here also think that by becoming fast at these kind of questions can improve IQ substantially (google Relational Frame Theory).

green

Sep 14, 2021, 2:31:29 PM9/14/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Thank you, I will be using this a lot.

Fredo Corleone

Sep 15, 2021, 3:53:09 AM9/15/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Just updated it with a bigger list of nouns and with improved typography.

Leonardo

Sep 16, 2021, 3:56:16 AM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
In the original RaiseyourIQ, True are False switched places. In the original assessment of your mental capacity there, the only mistake I made was forced because of that. I think that it is a cool add that force you to pay attention to what you are clicking to.

Anyways, I have done a few and they are really easy. Does it get harder after 100?

Leonardo

Sep 16, 2021, 5:00:04 AM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I have solved 100 ones and I see that the number of premises has increased, but my mouse is broken and sometimes double-click, making me fail. It would be nice to be able to control the answers with the arrows in the keyboard.

Fredo Corleone

Sep 16, 2021, 8:56:02 AM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
You discovered it xD
It becomes somewhat challenging above 300.
By the way:
add-focus.PNG
Now you can use tab to move through buttons! (Confirm with enter).

Leonardo

Sep 16, 2021, 9:33:14 AM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Premises
  • All TIME is COMPLAINT
  • No COMPLAINT is LAKE
  • All CASE is LAKE
Conclusion
  • Some TIME is not LAKE
Those ones tend to be slightly broken.

Fredo Corleone

Sep 16, 2021, 10:33:02 AM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I'm having a terrible headache right now because I'm sick, so I might be wrong. But I've solved it like this:
leo-answer.png
It looks true to me.

[After a while... xD]

I've checked the code and this seems to be a valid one:
leo-answer-code.png
I didn't stop here and checked Wikipedia too:
leo-answer-wiki.PNG
Why do you think this is broken?

Leonardo

Sep 16, 2021, 12:06:37 PM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I solved it correctly, but it was so strange and the inclusion of Case seemed so unnecessary that I just assumed something was going wrong. I hope you get better soon.

Fredo Corleone

Sep 16, 2021, 3:14:02 PM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Ah, yeah, the fact is any new premise in the mix is just noise, basically the algo randomly choose either Subject or Predicate and make new premises, and the more the premises the more the noise as it can choose among multiple Ss and Ps.
If you can figure out a better algo for making it more difficult just tell me, I'll be more than glad to implement it :)

Leonardo

Sep 16, 2021, 6:17:22 PM9/16/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I wish I was half as able as you to come up with that stuff!

Leonardo

Sep 17, 2021, 4:18:13 AM9/17/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think that just deleting de combinations with pointless stuff will suffice.

Fredo Corleone

Sep 17, 2021, 7:20:08 AM9/17/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I don't think there's a problem here, as you won't know what stuff is useless until the end (until you look the conclusion).
You'll have to draw the full picture as you go through premises, if you want to cheat and go straight to the conclusion and work backward is up to you, I don't see it as an intelligent tactic as you are using the game to train and not for the ego of getting score.
Those additional premises are connected to other premises, but just two of to the conclusion. It acts in a similar way to N-back noise, not all stimuli are signal in N-back.
Once you get into the 400-500 score I'm sure you'll have some hard time if you stick to reading premises one by one.

Jack

Oct 30, 2021, 5:44:23 AM10/30/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
This is very interesting, does anyone have any results to report from using these relational frame games? Also, is there a way to download this to have it permanently? Thanks!

itrn...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2021, 3:22:42 AM11/9/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Cooool will you add an option to show premises one at a time? I feel like that would for sure make it easier for players to use it to the fullest!

itrn...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2021, 3:49:57 PM11/9/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Also, how many premises is the maximum? Just curious

Alex Bateman

Dec 23, 2021, 4:00:28 AM12/23/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi.
Very good game IMHO.

I got the following 411/500  syllogism problem:

HOPE is PRESIDENT
RELATION is POLITICS
PRESIDENT is RELATION
IMPORTANCE is OPINION
POLITICS is opposite PROFIT

The correct answer according to the APP is:   " IMPORTANCE is PROFIT"

In the premises IMPORTANCE is not "connected" to PROFIT  by a chain of relations.
Seems like IMPORTANCE and OPINION stand isolated together.

Could someone please explain why  "IMPORTANCE is PROFIT" follows?

itrn...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2022, 8:13:44 PMJan 5
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hello Fredo! I really love syllogimous v3, but having to use an index card cut-out to make sure I only see one premise at a time is very uncomfortable... could you perhaps make it so that it can show only one premise/conclusion at a time and I can go back and forth between premises as well?