Amazing CWM task.

Green

Dec 10, 2012, 12:04:39 PM12/10/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

This site is amazing. These tasks are so hard - is anyone else doing these regularly?

I can't get past N=1 on the color task - it actually requires remembering color, position, and performing a rotation. It's too hard for me right now.

Arithmetic CWM, I want to put more time into it but my mental arithemetic is so slow I can't handle it, I'm  waiting for another week to pass and then I'll have some more time.

Now they just added N-back CWM! It's BOTH N-back AND CWM. Really crazy stuff.

http://cwmtask.comoj.com/

jotaro

Dec 10, 2012, 12:16:34 PM12/10/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

i didnt visit this site for a month or so cool i iwll check it out again.

Message has been deleted

Steven Collins

Dec 10, 2012, 8:04:18 PM12/10/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it's a great site.  Also, I was able to read the Unabomber manifesto, which this site supports.  Kind of interesting, but the guy is a wacko

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM, jotaro <craz...@gmail.com> wrote:

i didnt visit this site for a month or so cool i iwll check it out again.

The.Fourth.Deviation.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:34:04 PM12/11/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I started using this. It is extremely difficult. I can also imagine that the person who created it has an extraordinary IQ. I am really curious to know about who created this site, but it seems to be impossible to find. It is interesting that they thing "opening people's minds" by giving this task, will increase awareness of the manifesto. Very odd site...

The.Fourth.Deviation.

Dec 11, 2012, 9:38:42 PM12/11/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
By the way, I also notice some really interesting effects in my cognition after playing. It probably strains WM differently than standard brain workshop modes. I think it will be excellent to combine the two together. I think its because of the amount of time between stimuli. Thanks for sharing this.

Rotem Segev

Dec 12, 2012, 12:28:48 PM12/12/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
What exactly do you feel has changes in your cognition after playing this task?

Green

Dec 12, 2012, 1:18:15 PM12/12/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

> It is interesting that they think "opening people's minds" by giving this task, will increase awareness of the manifesto.

I hadn't even considered that interpretation! I assumed that the task was supposed to be an attention-getter -something that brings people onto the site so that they see the manifesto, become curious, and read it. But maybe they think we need to improve our reading comprehension before we can understand the manifesto!

The.Fourth.Deviation.

Dec 12, 2012, 7:24:41 PM12/12/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I played the spatial task at work today whenever I had some free time. I ended up getting to 5 back. To me, the spatial task and the arithmetic task seem to be the hardest in terms of burning the mind. The others are difficult, but don't seem as taxing. Do you guys notice the same

karnautrahl

Dec 13, 2012, 1:15:17 AM12/13/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Site doesn't show on iPad :(

The.Fourth.Deviation.

Dec 13, 2012, 8:28:36 AM12/13/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I take my previous comment back. The color task is very hard too.

Green

Dec 15, 2012, 5:41:56 PM12/15/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

I agree with you - I got to N=5 on spatial task within a few days of training and then leveled out. I reached N=9 on the verbal in the same amount of time. I reached N=4 on the meaning task. N=3 on the pattern task.

However, I'm at N=1 on arithemetic, color, and N-back. And all three tasks seem to be above the frustration threshold for me even at N=1, I can't get the decision tasks right more than 20 % of the time.

Can't wait for winter holiday break, so I can invest some time into it.

jotaro

Dec 17, 2012, 4:15:06 PM12/17/12
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

right arithmetic and color are the hardest.
colors there are just too many damn positions and colors.
and as for arithmetic ,well i am not used to counting and then jumping to this level from zero is too much i guess. verbal i reached 8 and spatial i reached 6.

Marco Kalell

May 7, 2018, 8:18:14 AM5/7/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
http://cwmtask.comoj.com/

This link is dead now. If I am not wrong, I remember that a version for PC could be downloaded from that site. I need this software. Has anyone the installer to upload?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

deftcat

Jun 29, 2018, 6:38:14 PM6/29/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I just came here looking for this and I realized I downloaded it!

 I only played it on site and have a Mac now so I don't know if it's ok. Tried winonx, but the program wouldn't open. Please someone else download it in case Marco doesn't see this. Link is up for 7 days https://we.tl/amkImJ11p8

Diogo Barardo

Jul 12, 2018, 5:16:50 AM7/12/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Can you make the installer available again, please?

Thank you! :)
Message has been deleted

Marco Kalel

Jul 12, 2018, 11:36:44 AM7/12/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

Noah I.

Oct 7, 2018, 2:57:44 PM10/7/18
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
What do you think of this task, Marco? I think it is very interesting because it really requires critical thinking combined with previous known brain training techniques, mixed into one application. Not sure what the manifesto that they promote at the bottom has to do with the application, though, who are the creators?

EDIT: apparently this is not specific to the application itself and is known as CWM. I am new to CWM - will be very interesting to read about the research on it.

Kind regards, Noah.

Noah I.

Oct 7, 2018, 3:28:34 PM10/7/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Wow. I just tried its Verbal task, with feedback turned on.
It was a very focused experience and I really feel that this is something worth trying for a longer period. I might do it.

Den söndag 7 oktober 2018 kl. 20:57:44 UTC+2 skrev Noah I.:
What do you think of this task, Marco? I think it is very interesting because it really requires critical thinking combined with previous known brain training techniques, mixed into one application. Not sure what the manifesto that they promote at the bottom has to do with the application, though, who are the creators?

Marco Kalel

Oct 8, 2018, 5:41:25 PM10/8/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
There are many studies that shown that complex working memory tasks improve intelligence. However, many things in life improve intelligence. When you learn new things, when you live in new places talking with new people, the brain receives new stimuli and something in the brain improve.
Regarding the software, it is unknown (as far as I know) who the creator or creators of the software are.

Vija Z.

Oct 9, 2018, 2:39:43 AM10/9/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

This is well defined in research about children. After few weeks of training, their WM is higher, but IQ is usually the same. After a year, also their IQ is higher. Because their reading and other skills are improved, they read more, observe more, are more calm in school, etc. They acquire more knowledge, and therefore their IQ grows.

Marco Kalel

Oct 9, 2018, 5:19:38 AM10/9/18
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
You have to take into account that they might have increased their general intelligence, but in specific tests such as matrix tests, the score remained the same. This might be because other mental faculties are increased and not those that have to do with matrix tests. Maybe, after a period of training with some specific exercise, a person is more able to produce new ideas, but when this person does the test of the raven matrices, the score is always the same. This is what happened to me some years ago. This happens because people reduce the term "intelligence" only to that specific cognitive ability, and don't have a wider concept of what the intelligence is.

Leonardo

Sep 21, 2020, 8:18:09 AM9/21/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I would like to download it. Anyone still has it?

Luis Anaya

Sep 21, 2020, 5:01:44 PM9/21/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I would like to download it too

한성민

Sep 23, 2020, 11:18:09 AM9/23/20
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
me too

Bo T

Sep 25, 2020, 11:46:30 AM9/25/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
We would appreciate it if you can provide another link

Bo T

Sep 29, 2020, 5:21:21 PM9/29/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Can you produce another link please?

George George

Feb 17, 2021, 12:20:15 PM2/17/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Like the guy before me, does anyone could produce another link please?

luna...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2021, 6:17:56 PM2/17/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
New link?

Bo T

Feb 19, 2021, 3:07:25 PM2/19/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hello ,
this is the swf file :

after you download it , you need to download and install flash player projector content debugger :
https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

use the flash player projector content debugger to open the swf file

George George

Feb 25, 2021, 6:43:01 AM2/25/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Thank you very much for providing the file.

dualnback

Jul 6, 2021, 6:25:57 PM7/6/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Where can I get instructions for these exercises?  Can anyone tell me how to do them?