Post the games and tasks which you think are most worth while here

red book

Feb 12, 2022, 4:40:24 AM2/12/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hey Guys & Girls,

This group is great for finding new cognitive training apps / games and activities. The trouble is that people's recommendations are scattered over some hundred odd pages. I think there is a little I could learn in the domain of 'improving mental performance' but everything is so dispersed it's difficult. This is my attempt to try and centralise some info.

So as far as tasks go I have found the following of some help:

+ brainscale.net -> CWM task on dual mode (this is an exceptional working memory task)
+ this syllogism game by Robert is excellent https://4skinskywalker.github.io/Syllogimous/
+ this google extension is great for training Synthesia  training https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/synesthetize/ldljgghnflfphlnpneghciodeehilana

Please post your recommended tasks below.

itrn...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 3:20:08 PM2/12/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I checked out the statistics on brainscale.net(you can see the full training history of every person in the statistics tab) and it really seems like there relatively few cases of people actually improving Dual N-back score over time, and even then, improvements are excruciatingly slow... not quite sure if that means that it isn't worthwhile.

itrn...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 9:51:27 PM2/12/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Something I've tried is mental multiplication(40min 6 days in a week for 2 months, roughly 3-5 problems per session). It definitely had the effect of decreasing mistakes on math, physics, and chemistry problems, but that was about all that I could tell.