Stuck On A Syllogimous V3 Problem

TranquiLogic

May 4, 2024, 9:01:27 PMMay 4
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I'm really struggling on this one. Is this broken or am I missing something? I chose false because the statement didn't seem supported by the premises. It seemed neutral and could've been right or wrong. Was I right? Is it neutral?

Premise 1: Some GIRAFFE is POLICE
Premise 2: Some GIRAFFE IS not DETECTIVE

Conclusion

NO DETECTIVE is POLICE

True OR False

CLJACKSON04

May 4, 2024, 9:20:03 PMMay 4
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Imagine 10 Giraffes, 5 of which are wearing police uniforms.
Of the 5 in uniform, 3 have detective badges and 2 do not.

We have 3 detectives who are police.
Given the premises, to say no detective is police would be false.

On Saturday, May 4, 2024, 'TranquiLogic' via Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence <brain-t...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I'm really struggling on this one. Is this broken or am I missing something? I chose false because the statement didn't seem supported by the premises. It seemed neutral.

Premise 1: Some GIRAFFE is POLICE
Premise 2: Some GIRAFFE IS not DETECTIVE

Conclusion

NO DETECTIVE is POLICE

True OR False

I chose false because