Collection: Quad n back and Iq level correlation

Mr Nice

Mar 31, 2023, 4:22:33 PM3/31/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hey guys!
I am very interested in creating a collection of data points regarding training level on quad n back and iq level of the person.
I only include people I regard as highly trustful who trained extremely hard and persistent and for an extended time.
Person one Daniel Skilbeck:  Starting Iq 136 tested with Mensa Australia.
End iq level 149, also tested with Mensa Australia after >2 years of training. His quad n back level at the time of the test was q7b.

Dominic Lambert: starting iq: 130.    Trained quad n back for 10 months very consistenly and put a huge amount of time into it, up to 4h a day. his WAIS test: 147 GAI, 147 FSIQ, VCI 143 . Quad level: only quad 3 back with a score of 50-70% regularly.

As you can see, the scores deviate massively.
I would love to get additional data points of trustworthy candidates. I will also do a mensa iq test when I have reached q5b with a 50% score regularly. I am barely reaching q3b and progressing slowly so it may take more than a year.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

ФІ-14 Богдан Мишинкин

Apr 1, 2023, 2:56:35 AM4/1/23
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
hah, in pentuple n back interested?

Mr Nice

Apr 1, 2023, 8:17:30 AM4/1/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
yes, please also share your data :-).

Wilma Skillma

Apr 2, 2023, 9:12:05 AM4/2/23
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
146 IQ seems really hard to believe with only q-3 back with 4h a day... Unless his dual n back is like 12 or something. 4h a day seems bullshit to me as well.

My personal observation and what I have learned from others is that the starting n back is usually 2 regardless of IQ. After rigorous training 100% q-2back would be around 120 IQ and then 5 points extra for each 100% level afterwards. So q5 back you would need minimum IQ 135.

Konstantin Rokossovski

Apr 3, 2023, 4:49:03 AM4/3/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
This document may include useful data points for you: