How long does it take to progress in Quad N-back

Tong

May 31, 2023, 1:51:12 PM5/31/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi I've been training Quad N-back for 31 days now. I started with level 1 and worked up to level 3 with average accuracy around 60-70%. Sometimes, with enough luck, I bump into level 4, but failed 3 times immediately.  My problem is I can't seem to get pass level 3 like how I did on level 2.  My goal is to get to level 7.

My question is how long or how many sessions should I expect to train in order to get to level 7?

David Wood

Jun 1, 2023, 1:52:26 PM6/1/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
You are doing better than me.  I have been stuck on Quad 3 Back for about 2-3 months, only getting to 4 one time so far.  Part of it is the extremely strict settings in the app I am using, which essentially forces you to get like 95-98% accuracy to move forward.  The other part is, Quad N Back is too many stimulus to use tricks, so you essentially have to actually improve your working memory to move forward.  Working memory is not fast or easy to improve.

There is a guy on YouTube who can do Quad-8-Back, but he is on year 4 of doing it 6-7 days per week.  I also think he is using more lenient settings than are on the app I am using, as I do not know if Quad-8-Back is possible on that app with those stringent settings.

Neil Smith

Jun 2, 2023, 1:45:02 PM6/2/23
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
Mate, you've been at it for 31 days. You'll make it easier on yourself if you concern yourself with your own progress rather than trying to compare yourself to others progress. I don't think there's many people out there doing level 7 quad in the first place to compare yourself to. Be patient.

On Wed, 31 May 2023, 6:51 pm Tong, <teerapon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi I've been training Quad N-back for 31 days now. I started with level 1 and worked up to level 3 with average accuracy around 60-70%. Sometimes, with enough luck, I bump into level 4, but failed 3 times immediately.  My problem is I can't seem to get pass level 3 like how I did on level 2.  My goal is to get to level 7.

My question is how long or how many sessions should I expect to train in order to get to level 7?

Teerapong Orankitanun

Jun 9, 2023, 2:37:54 PM6/9/23
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Thank you everyone :)

Wilma Skillma

Jun 19, 2023, 10:18:23 AM6/19/23
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com