My experience with meditation

Fredo Corleone

Sep 13, 2021, 5:12:58 AM9/13/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I set aside BT for a while and started meditation instead.

My meditation is just about focusing on the breath to "suppress" thoughts, I don't blame myself for having thoughts, I just try to re-center myself to the breath everytime I lose my focus and I'm captured by a thought.
I chose to do this all day basically.

It may sound as bullshit but I'm seeing magic happening, my mind is clearer, my thoughts have a different quality than before, I'm close to having no fears, anxiety is disappearing, life is less miserable than before.
For instance thoughts like "I'll be dead one day" went from having "OMG no, I'm going to disappear!" as result to "I'm fine with that, it will be a thrilling experience".

I feel more intelligent when I'm meditative, despite not really having gained more IQ.
One more thing also happened, I was always looking for silence, now I'm starting to feel it.
My surroundings are very noisy (I live close to industrial areas) and I was very frustrated with all the power tools sounds that go on all day, but now I've realized the silence I was looking for was inside me, the outside feels sort of a reflex of what's going on inside me.

I'm very happy so far with what meditation is teaching me. It has had more impact than any BT I've tried so far (and I've tried most of the available BT exercises out there).

Thomas Lind

Sep 13, 2021, 1:13:38 PM9/13/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
How long did it take to get to this point, and how long do you meditate for?

Fredo Corleone

Sep 14, 2021, 10:30:41 AM9/14/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I wrote "I chose to do this all day basically.", this mean I try to do this for the entire duration of my waking life.
I tried meditation since 2017 without much success, the problem was that I saw it as a form fo brain training (let's say meditating for 20 minutes per session some days a week). But now I see it as a way of living life and it's proving much more effective.