Idea for multitasking game

The Realest Ever

Sep 13, 2021, 7:22:08 PM9/13/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi
I wanted to share an idea for multi tasking game that i think will help us and i believe is very practical for day to day life.

The game starts with the screen split in 2.
Each screen, one at a time,  flashes a math problem, and you have to do the new operation to the previous answer.

For example like this,

Left screen shows 5+2, user types in 7.
Then right screen flashes 10-2, user types 8.
Then Left screen shows +3, user types in 10.
Then right screen shows /2, user types in 4. And so on…

Moving up in levels would include more screens, and more difficult math problems.

So you basically have to keep track of x numbers and do new math operations which I believe simulates real life, like when we get phone calls or when emails pop up. I believe this type of training will make it easier to get back into the task after the interruption.

The Realest Ever

Sep 13, 2021, 7:31:08 PM9/13/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Where i wrote “shows” i meant to say “flash”, the user  deals with one problem at a time. Sorry for the  inconsistency.

The Realest Ever

Sep 14, 2021, 4:28:32 PM9/14/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
If anyone's interested in trying this game I found a workaround.

Start with loading 2 tabs and do one at a time. Then work it up to 3 etc...

I did it a couple times and have already noticed a difference in getting back into my work after dealing with emails and random interruptions.

Note: I think it would be better once you get the hang of it to start doing them randomly instead of in a sequence.