N-Back and Emotional Regulation

Dan Hutchins

Nov 7, 2021, 3:39:02 PM11/7/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hi all,
Since suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage a year ago, I have had issues regulating my emotions. Nothing too serious, but enough to anger a coworker I used to have a close professional relationship with before my stroke. I have read, anecdotally, that practicing the N-Back could enhance one's ability to better regulate their emotions through activation of the prefrontal cortex. Does anyone know anything more about this?
Thank you in advance,
Dan

Pontus Granström

Nov 8, 2021, 1:55:22 AM11/8/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I think it does help with regulation in general. Master nback to some degree requires supression and regulation of un wanted emotion.