best strategy

bread 12

May 14, 2024, 3:01:01 PMMay 14
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
whats the best strategy to play dual n back?

B randon

May 16, 2024, 7:23:57 PMMay 16
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

B randon

May 16, 2024, 7:23:57 PMMay 16
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I would say,

Start off doing Dual-N-Back until you get to about Dual-5-Back to about Dual-7-Back, and then that is where you should start implementing the single-n-back regimenting strategy.

What this means is that you should play single-n-back for position and audio, increasing them in tandem, but not doing Dual-N-Back during this time until you get to double digits on single-n-back. (Which would mean that you have gotten to a good enough processing speed to which then you would be able to handle the cognitive load of double digit dual-n-back.)

By reaching double digit single-n-back, you can start doing dual-n-back again at the same level. Getting to high accuracy at this level of dual-n-back then will only be about the re-integration of the two stimuli you have already trained separately at this point, and it may only take a few weeks at this point to be able to hold a consistent double digit dual-n-back score.

tony james

May 25, 2024, 6:28:25 PMMay 25
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Could you please answer some of my questions?
I really appreciate any help you can provide.

I am a software engineer.
About two years ago, I practised Dual-N-back regularly for a month.
I could only reach Dual-3-Back.

However, I have not observed any improvement in my productivity during my training.
I was getting demotivated at that time, and then I saw a video in which Dr Jordan Peterson said that games such as Dual-N-Back will only
improve one's skill in the game and will not improve one's performance in other domains of life.

Then, I totally stopped the practice.

Q1) Does anyone feel that Dual-N-back has improved their work productivity?

Q2) At what level did you start to notice the difference?

Thank you.
Tony