Brain Workshop - Random Tick Delay Version

Ben Racz

Jul 24, 2022, 8:28:50 AM7/24/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Hey Everyone,

So I gave this a day or two, and made some changes to the brain workshop app.

Since not a single person messaged me last time about the mac version I shared, I won't package it up and post this unnecessarily. My changes are as follows, with the most important one being "random tick delays" in a range you can specify in the configuration file: your brain "adapts" to the rhythm of the stimulus way too much, but this is unnatural: stimulus in real life does not come with 1600 millisecond delays or whatever you're setting your delay to.

I've noticed that in brain workshop sometimes you can have a small bug when the stimulus comes in an unforeseen delay for whatever reason, and it tripped my brain up completely. I figured this could be something beneficial to train for, and I was surprised to find that no N back app allows this feature.

Anyway, here goes. Post to this thread or email me directly if you're interested, and I'll share or throw this up on a repository or a website or something.

CHANGELOG:

# Ben Racz, 2022 July 24:
# - Added RANDOM_TICK_INTERVAL into config and update function
# - Removed distracting/silly colorful brain graphics from all screens
# - Replaced default config file with more "minimalistic" default settings
# - Replaced fancy "3D" graphic squares with simple ones
# - Disabled saving the config.ini file to some weird hidden place in the Library -
# dropping it into the local dir now

CONFIG FILE:

# If Random Interval is true then specify the minimum and maximum tick delay interval
# in hundred miliseconds

RANDOM_TICK_INTERVAL = False
MINTICK = 0.01
MAXTICK = 0.17

-Ben

Thomas Lind

Aug 26, 2022, 8:45:30 AM8/26/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Where can I download this version?