Is anybody still out there? ? ?

McEgghead

Jun 21, 2010, 3:25:19 PM6/21/10
to Brain Injury Support Group
I havent seen many posts from this group with the exception of the
occasional spam messages from Taiwan. what has everyone been up to?
anyone achieve any personal goals or triumphs?

My personal victory is i am walking now with the aid of someone
holding on to my elbow to keep my balance. I am not completely walking
walking but am very close to being able to walk.

Andrea Buening

Jun 21, 2010, 3:35:30 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
that is so terrific!

> --
> CC 2009
> Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor
> Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
> For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to http://mybrainconnections.org
>
> Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

> My blog has moved to www.fluharty.me

Daniel Nehmad

Jun 21, 2010, 3:49:40 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, McEgghead!
I'm still here--and have been for most of the 8+ years of my recovery.

Interestingly, I've begun reading Norman Doidge's book, "The Brain That Changes Itself," and the book is an extensive commentary on how the brain/nervous systerm is shaped by how its used.  And as my physiatrist had told me much earlier, the brain is much like a muscle in that it gets stronger the more you use it.

So I don't know any of the details of your case, but I'll note that this book has really served as a motivator for me--it holds promise!  And since you've made progress thus far, it seems like you've got the needed support network for continued recovery.

Good luck in your work.

Dan

--
CC 2009
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor
Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to http://mybrainconnections.org

Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

My blog has moved to www.fluharty.me

--
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing
                               -Helen Keller

Tina

Jun 21, 2010, 4:18:07 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
WOW Michael. That is the best news I've heard on awhile.
CONGRAGULATIONS!!!!!!

Sent from my iPod

On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:25 PM, McEgghead <fluharty...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I havent seen many posts from this group with the exception of the

Michael fluharty

Jun 21, 2010, 4:19:41 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Tina's got an ipod! :)

Tina

Jun 21, 2010, 4:19:26 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Dan, great book recomendation.

Sent from my iPod

Tina

Jun 21, 2010, 4:25:46 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
iPod touch but I still have iPhone envy!!!!

Sent from my iPod

On Jun 21, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Michael fluharty

Tina

Jun 21, 2010, 4:27:03 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

You should share your good news with Peggy at the brain injury assoc.

Sent from my iPod

Michelle Bashian

Jun 21, 2010, 5:11:27 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the title Dan. I ordered from the library and look forward to reading it.

Jun 21, 2010, 8:58:57 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Laura,

That's an amazing accomplishment. Heck being a teacher is darn
challenging without a brain injury. I hope you are so very proud of
yourself. I know it can't be easy.

Sent from my iPod

Michael fluharty

Jun 21, 2010, 9:05:03 PM6/21/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
@laura
wow you must me a hip teacher because you have the ipod too!
you must deal with sensory overload each day while at work. do you have any strategies? sow and tell time. :)
Michael

On Jun 21, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Tina wrote:

> Laura,
>
> That's an amazing accomplishment. Heck being a teacher is darn challenging without a brain injury. I hope you are so very proud of yourself. I know it can't be easy.
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Jun 21, 2010, at 8:38 PM, la...@vividnet.com wrote:
>

>> Congrats! How exciting. Don't give up. I've almost (3 more days)survived 1 month of being back at work (teacher). Looking forward to summer! Laura

Anam

Jun 24, 2010, 2:16:51 AM6/24/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com

good news about the walking!

I'm still here, just livin life, catching up on bills, working on my own spirituality and homeschooling my daughter.