H1N1 Question

Angela Cramer

Jan 12, 2010, 9:34:03 AM1/12/10
to Brain Injury Support Group
Dear Group Members,

I recently was at a store where they were conducting an H1N1 flu shot clinic. One of the questions on the form was "Do you have any neurological problems?" When I responded Yes and said that I had a brain injury, tremors and basilar-type migraines, the nurse said that I should check with my doctor before getting the shot. When I called my neurologist's office, the receptionist told me that she would ask him and call me back. She did say that he told another patient to get the regular flu shot but to hold off on the H1N1 shot. I asked her if she would ask him to give the reason why when she calls back.

Has anyone else had this issue come up? If you were told not to get the shot, what was the reason given?

I will let you know what my neurologist says once he calls back.

Angela

--
Angela Cramer
www.twilightinsight.com

Michael fluharty

Jan 12, 2010, 3:28:34 PM1/12/10
to brain-inju...@googlegroups.com
Angela,
This is just speculation; however, It was probably a standard question designed to cover as many bases as they could. it was probably a standard vaccine question because of the general neurological problems. it is often thought but not confirmed Autism is a result of vaccines given shortly after birth. I cant recall if it was thought chemicals within the vaccine to make the vaccine inert and safe were thought to be the causes of neurological disorders, autism, but it is a standard question to cover a wide range of participants to screen out potential law suits in the event their vaccine for the h1n1 was causing neurological problems they would be able to say the vaccine didn't cause the pre-existing neurological problem because you answered yes. Just speculation,
Michael

--
CC 2009
Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor

Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.

My blog has moved to www.fluharty.me