Using Braille Display to write in Italian

jamesb...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2021, 5:36:22 AM10/20/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Hello All, Does anyone have suggestions on writing in Italian (as a second language) within the Windows environment using Jaws and a Braille display?

Is Euro Unicode best? Do I have to install Italian keyboard? Does Markup (in Word) change Braille as well as Jaws speech?

Many thanks for your help. James Bazzoni.

María García

Oct 20, 2021, 2:24:40 PM10/20/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
I am María from Spain, Italian is my second language (I am almost bilingual) and I am official translator fron Spanish into Italian and the opposite as well.
Could you tell me, plase, what Braille Display do you have?, I don’t know how to write italian  sybmols with an English qerty keyboard on the PC, but, wouldn’t be easier to write directly with the Braille display?, what Braille display do you have?, if you prefer, you can write me off the list, and in italian, if you anage well, because in Italian I express better myself.
Greetings:María

--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---

James Bazzoni

Oct 20, 2021, 2:50:35 PM10/20/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Ciao Maria, I use the Focus Braille Display. On the phone I use computer Braille, Hence, no accent signs; but on the

claire amoroso

Oct 20, 2021, 2:59:21 PM10/20/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
I think there are some updates planned in Jaws 2022 related to switching languages and Braille tables automatically.
Otherwise you could switch to the Italian keyboard or use the ALT code key combinations for each accented letter, this is what I do for accents in Spanish.
Good luck!
Claire