Braille Embosser

Richard Jemmet

Sep 11, 2021, 2:18:12 PM9/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Good day

I am interested in one of the Braille Embosser I am willing to pay for
the shipping. I am from 3354,
Union Village Rio Claro
Trinidad
For more information feel free to whats app or call 1 868 331 9159 or
Email: richard...@gmail.com
Thank You
Richard Jemmet

Chris McMillan

Sep 12, 2021, 3:48:14 AM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Articles for the blind is for Braille equipment so one embosser should be under weight restriction but Linda can check with RNIB for weight limits but I would think these being modern are light enough

--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---

Jack Zimmerman

Sep 12, 2021, 3:55:51 AM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I have one of these things! It's got speech! Weighs FIFTY POUNDS! HUGE machine but they are workhorses!  They made things to last back nim days! Not like it is now!

Jack and BECKY  :-)
sent  from  our  iPhingers

Brian Tew

Sep 12, 2021, 1:12:44 PM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I would love to have one, but I'm in Alabama. Not possible Iguess.

Chris McMillan

Sep 12, 2021, 3:49:58 PM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. Best check with RNIB because I think overseas might be out of the question.

Chris

geo...@techno-vision.co.uk

Sep 12, 2021, 4:46:35 PM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Maximum weight for Items going “Article for the Blind” freepost is 7 Kilos or just over 15 Pounds.

Here in the UK you can add a service such as “Signed For” (formerly known as “Recorded Delivery”) but you do pay for that part of the service.  Here in the UK Signed For currently costs £1.40 – Just under $2 American.

George

Linda Deacon

Sep 12, 2021, 5:09:08 PM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I think you'd really have to pay for a delivery service on an embosser. It's not just the weight, they need to be packed up carefully too and you'd be wise to choose someone who was less likely to throw it around too much. They are definitely too heavy to stick a free postage label on, even a Perkins brailler is pushing it if you pack it up properly. I found they were too heavy to send overseas under free post also.

From Linda

subject: RE: Braillists Forum: Braille Embosser

?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 at 19:18, Richard Jemmet <richard...@gmail.com <mailto:richard...@gmail.com> > wrote:

Good day

I am interested in one of the Braille Embosser I am willing to pay for
the shipping. I am from 3354,
Union Village Rio Claro
Trinidad
For more information feel free to whats app or call 1 868 331 9159 or
Email: richard...@gmail.com <mailto:richard...@gmail.com>
Thank You
Richard Jemmet

--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org <mailto:he...@braillists.org> with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/CAMi-b_SHigrB7Z9qCjmxpkZ%2BfV0DnhVZo7Xof5o%3DrcfCF42erQ%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/CAMi-b_SHigrB7Z9qCjmxpkZ%2BfV0DnhVZo7Xof5o%3DrcfCF42erQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

--
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/FC87B4AD-3B13-4610-8D3B-CBBCB1B38DC0%40gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/FC87B4AD-3B13-4610-8D3B-CBBCB1B38DC0%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

--
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/CAMi-b_SNbiqSVSz3M1WvBFrSxkq67KqLyeVVGA08eeAHwrmx8Q%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/CAMi-b_SNbiqSVSz3M1WvBFrSxkq67KqLyeVVGA08eeAHwrmx8Q%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---

Chris McMillan