An unusual Braille Question Perhaps

Guillermo Robles

Sep 2, 2021, 2:50:54 PM9/2/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all,

I have really appreciated all of the braille discussion that has taken place on this list. I’m glad to see that there are people from all over the world giving their input on their braille experiences. With that said, I am in a bit of a quandary. A friend of mine and I are taking classes on Hindu studies. Do you organization that we’re working with has quite a bit of material on the various platforms. Such as Amazon, Google, and Apple. When working with this digital material, and while trying to read the Sanskrit text, The braille looks rather strange. Is there a way that is most effective to read this text? It is combined with both the Sanskrit and English text. Hopefully somebody has some suggestions or can give me resources for obtaining the Sanskrit code. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Guillermo Robles
Sent from my iPhone

geo...@techno-vision.co.uk

Sep 2, 2021, 3:43:09 PM9/2/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Do you have access to the Duxbury Braille Translator?

This handles Hindu and you can use it to open Word files with Sanskrit and English text.

Feel free to contact me if you would like more information.

George W F Bell
Managing Director
Duxbury UK Master Distributor
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd
76 Bunting Road Ind. Est.
NORTHAMPTON, NN2 6EE
United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 (0)160 479 2777
E-Mail: geo...@techno-vision.co.uk
Web: http://www.techno-vision.co.uk
--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---

Guillermo Robles

Sep 2, 2021, 3:56:12 PM9/2/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi George, no, I don't have access to Duxbury. However, these books are from Apple Books and the Kindle stores.

Guillermo Robles
Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 2, 2021, at 12:43 PM, geo...@techno-vision.co.uk wrote:
>
> Greetings,
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/007901d7a032%24ad57a450%240806ecf0%24%40techno-vision.co.uk.

Sébastien Hinderer

Sep 4, 2021, 12:33:36 PM9/4/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guillermo,

I think you should find the sanskit tables at least in the sources of
brltty and perhaps LibLouis.

That being said, it's difficult to help you if you are not more specific
about which hardware and software you use, which files you are trying to
read, etc.

Best wishes,

Shérab.