Re: Braillists Forum: 1990s Braille embosser

Linda Deacon

Sep 11, 2021, 1:44:21 PM9/11/21
to Charles
I've got 3 spare Index embossers here which I would love to rehome. I don't want money for them necessarily, it would just be nice if somebody would pay towards the costs of shipping, inside the UK. George, would you be interested in taking them off my hands for recycling? I actually bought converter cables for them, partly because my laptop didn't have the old style ports on, just usb's of course. I've still got them somewhere, new and unused in their packaging because I initially planned to try and sell the machines and wanted them to be properly usable. I just want them out of my house now really. Anybody interested, willing to pay shipping, please feel free to contact me off list. Incidentally they are two basic d's and an everest.

From Linda

Sep 11, 2021, 7:08:09 PM9/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Linda,

Yes indeed we would be interested in taking them off your hands. I could come and collect them from you as I guess you may not have the original Index shipping boxes. Kevin our engineer, can check them over before they get passed on to ensure they're up to date, etc..

My thinking is to pass them on to deserving new braillists, whose family could not afford such an expensive item new, and have been recommended by their teachers.

I don't see your e-mail address, but do appear to have your telephone number ending in 202, so could phone you if that's OK? Hopefully you are still in the next county to us.

Our full contact details below.

All the best,

George W F Bell
Managing Director
Duxbury UK Master Distributor
Techno-Vision Systems Ltd
76 Bunting Road Ind. Est.
NORTHAMPTON, NN2 6EE
United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 (0)160 479 2777
E-Mail: geo...@techno-vision.co.uk
Web: http://www.techno-vision.co.uk
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/370ee1044a3b54eb80e58df30017dc25%40gmail.com.

Chris McMillan

Sep 12, 2021, 3:44:34 AM9/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
They’re specific to us equipment Linda so unless very heavy go Articles for the blind.

Tim Dixon

Sep 12, 2021, 10:23:10 AM9/12/21
to Braillists
Hello Linda,

I am new to Braille this year, and would love to buy one from you if you still have one.

I can't see your email address, but please email me t...@dixon-net.com if you have one available.

Kind Regards
Tim