Dictionary to Donate

Lynn Cox

Sep 7, 2021, 6:36:04 AM9/7/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com, Lynn Cox
Hi All

I have a Little Oxford Dictionary of Current English, 5th edition from 1981, which is in 16 volumes.

Obviously not that current now and hardly little in 16 volumes of Braille, however, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone or some organisation that might appreciate it, as most of the language will still be used.

I was thinking potentially of a school or organisation abroad or a student in the UK. I found it invaluable when I learnt Braille and used it lots.

It is in good condition as I’ve always treasured it, however, I just don’t have the space anymore and keeping it for sentimental reasons isn’t really the thing to do.

Please if anyone can think or knows of someone who would like it, then let me know.

Thanks.

Love
Lynn

Warmest
Lynn Cox BSc BA MA CF FRSA

Founder
Arts Coaching Training (ACT)

For more information visit www.artscoachingtraining.com/about

Multi-Sensory Artist, Psychogeographer, Life Coach - Creativity Resilience Inclusion (including Diving into Darkness Experiences),
Inclusion/Diversity Trainer & Audio Description Consultant

M: 07818 437651
E: artscoachi...@gmail.com

Paul Sullivan

Sep 7, 2021, 7:05:40 AM9/7/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com, Lynn Cox
Hi Lynne,

I have on my shelves the third edition of the Little Oxford Dictionary.
Also in 16 volumes, it is dated 1955. I had no idea that RNIB had
brailled later editions.

I still refer to my dictionary on occasions. I hope you find some one
who will give yours a good home. I fear that useful paper braille
reference books like this will soon be a thing of the past.

Best wishes,

Paul