Details about my Braille class in Lewisham to be added to the Braillists forum

Sarah Matthews

Oct 21, 2022, 1:04:03 PM10/21/22
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Braillists,
Please could you add the following notes to the forum about my class:
Hi everyone,
If any of you live in Southeast London or the surrounding area and would like to come to an in-person Braille class where we not only learn the basics of the code but also chat about how sight loss is affecting us then please do get in touch with me.
Class details-
When: 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Monday mornings, term time
Where: Adult Learning Lewisham, to Brockley Rise, SE23
Further details: our class is very flexible, people come to learn the basics of Braille and learn at their own pace. We encourage people to find ways that Braille can help them in their lives,  some of our learners want to read their medication, label things in their homes  or Play Braille card games /board games and   others go on to read novels. We have a section at the end of each lesson where we share experiences of sight loss and discuss assisted technology, audio description and other related topics. We are very supportive and if learners are unable to attend due to illness or travel issues we can do tuition over the phone instead. Many people qualify for the class with no fee depending on the type of benefits they receive and others pay a subsidised fee for the class.
Contact: sarah.m...@adultlearninglewisham.co.uk / (07813) 389250
Many thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Matthews