London Group, Notice of First Meeting on 20 January, 16:30

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Jan 13, 2017, 11:32:15 AM1/13/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com, cam...@clarity.org.uk, Henriet...@hammersmithacademy.org, kelvin...@me.com, ed.r...@bristolbraille.co.uk
Dear All

The first meeting of the London Braillists group is set for next
Friday, 20 January, at 16:30. It will take place at the UCL Student
Psychological Services, 3 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BT.

The venue is a 5-minute walk from Euston station and a short walk or
taxi ride from the RNIB, for these of you attending the Braille
networking day. I could also arrange for you to be met at Euston
Station.

There has never been a better time to join! :) The plan is for us to
discuss the objectives of the London Braillists group in terms of the
broader aims of supporting Braille literacy in general and the Canute
project in particular, and hopefully to plan some concrete activities.
I am also very optimistic that Ed will be there to demonstrate the
latest incarnation of the Canute, who's predecessor has already been
acclaimed in the press!  We can then retire to a nearby pub to attend
to more important business. :)

Please let me know if you'd like to come. Simply reply to this email
or contact me on 020 389 333 92.

Do come along, even if you just feel like checking things out for now.
You're most welcome.

I look forward to meeting you on Friday.

All the best,
Laurent

On 1/5/17, E M Rogers <ed.rogers.subs@bristolbraille.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Laurent et al
>
> It seems like we've got a good number of people interested in the meeting on
> the
> 20th of January.
>
>   - As of yet I'm not sure if I will be able to attend. If Dave is going
> then he
> may be able to take a Canute along in my absence. Dave and I can chat and
> we'll
> see how it pans out.
>
>   - On the above, is it a good idea to take a Canute prototype to the first
>
> meeting, or should the first meeting be discussing what the group will be
> doing?
>
>   - I have been chatting to Braillists member Camilla from Clarity
> (http://clarity.org.uk). She has generously suggested Clarity host meetings
> at
> some point ("You could even hold the meetings at clarity if midweek. We are
>
> 20mins from Liverpool Street.") I would suggest a meeting in a quiet pub
> back
> room or similar for the first, less formal one, then taking up that offer
> for
> future meetings. I have CC'd Camilla in as I'm not sure if she's on the
> forum or
> just the newsletter.
>
>   - I've also been talking to Henriette from Hammersmith Academy, also CC'd
> in.
> She is very interested in testing the Canute in HA, a testing programme
> which
> would be best conducted with the participation of a local Braillists group
> in
> London. Henriette, if you would like to join the forum and respond to the
> thread
> please send a blank email to braillists+subscribe@googlegroups.com
>
> Regards
>
> Ed
>
> P.S. FYI we are planning on having tests of the latest prototypes in
> Reading,
> Worcester and Dublin over the next two months.
>
> | Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |

Edward Green

Jan 14, 2017, 11:08:20 AM1/14/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laurent,

Thanks a lot for organising this.

I don't work that far from Euston, but it might be 50:50 whether I can finish in time to get to the meeting. Do you know where you might be adjourning to afterwards? That might be a more realistic option.

Cheers, and hope to see you next Friday.

Ed
> On 13 Jan 2017, at 16:32, Laurent Cadet de Fontenay <laur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All
>
> The first meeting of the London Braillists group is set for next
> Friday, 20 January, at 16:30. It will take place at the UCL Student
> Psychological Services, 3 Taviton Street, London, WC1H 0BT.
>
> The venue is a 5-minute walk from Euston station and a short walk or
> taxi ride from the RNIB, for these of you attending the Braille
> networking day. I could also arrange for you to be met at Euston
> Station.
>
> There has never been a better time to join! :) The plan is for us to
> discuss the objectives of the London Braillists group in terms of the
> broader aims of supporting Braille literacy in general and the Canute
> project in particular, and hopefully to plan some concrete activities.
> I am also very optimistic that Ed will be there to demonstrate the
> latest incarnation of the Canute, who's predecessor has already been
> acclaimed in the press! We can then retire to a nearby pub to attend
> to more important business. :)
>
> Please let me know if you'd like to come. Simply reply to this email
> or contact me on 07894 292 647.
>
> Do come along, even if you just feel like checking things out for now.
> You're most welcome.
>
> I look forward to meeting you on Friday.
>
> All the best,
> Laurent
>
>> please send a blank email to braillists...@googlegroups.com
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ed
>>
>> P.S. FYI we are planning on having tests of the latest prototypes in
>> Reading,
>> Worcester and Dublin over the next two months.
>>
>> | Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, Laurent Cadet de Fontenay wrote:

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Jan 14, 2017, 11:18:10 AM1/14/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed

I suspect that we may have a soft start to the meeting, so if you arrive late, that should be fine.

I would also be happy to keep you in the loop regarding our movements afterwards if you like, just send me a text on 07894292647.

All best,
Laurent

Sent from my iPhone
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/B78D6FC2-ADC4-432C-B8E6-1611A33B136A%40gmail.com.

Edward Green

Jan 14, 2017, 12:56:33 PM1/14/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Great - thanks Laurent, will do.

Cheers,

Ed
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/E5F525F2-4DAE-4133-98FF-B9006012EFA9%40gmail.com.

Andrew Hodgson

Jan 14, 2017, 2:01:44 PM1/14/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm in a similar boat, not sure if I can finish to get there for the meeting start. Happy to join you afterwards though.

Andrew.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/B78D6FC2-ADC4-432C-B8E6-1611A33B136A%40gmail.com.

E M Rogers

Jan 16, 2017, 11:35:29 AM1/16/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for arranging this Laurent. I will be there with a Canute prototype to
demonstrate. I suspect we will get many more people in the pub afterwards, but
that's fine. I'll make it there for 4:30PM.

Cheers

Ed

| Bristol Braille Technology CIC | Tel: +447908 569 214 |

> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/AM5PR0401MB2628A69D0CB113C86878FADDC57B0%40AM5PR0401MB2628.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Laurent Cadet de Fontenay

Jan 16, 2017, 11:57:10 AM1/16/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Just a tag-on to my last email.  Remember, if you can't make the 16:30
start time, you can join later. I suspect that quite a few of you may
find 16:30 tricky, so we'll have a soft start, making it quite ok to
join in later.

I thought that the Bree Louise looks like a good option for afterwards
-- http://www.breelouise.pub but other ideas welcome.

If you want to join in at any time on the day and want to check in
where we're at, just ring me on 020 389 333 92.

All the best
Laurent

>>> --
>>
>> --

Darren Paskell

Jan 19, 2017, 10:42:20 AM1/19/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laurent,

I'll aim to be there for 4:30. I'll text you my details shortly.

Many thanks.

Darren

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 Jan 2017, at 16:56, Laurent Cadet de Fontenay <laur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Just a tag-on to my last email. Remember, if you can't make the 16:30
> start time, you can join later. I suspect that quite a few of you may
> find 16:30 tricky, so we'll have a soft start, making it quite ok to
> join in later.
>
> I thought that the Bree Louise looks like a good option for afterwards
> -- http://www.breelouise.pub but other ideas welcome.
>
> If you want to join in at any time on the day and want to check in
> where we're at, just ring me on 07894 292 647.
>
> All the best
> Laurent

>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/B78D6FC2-ADC4-432C-B8E6-1611A33B136A%40gmail.com.
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/AM5PR0401MB2628A69D0CB113C86878FADDC57B0%40AM5PR0401MB2628.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Dave Williams

Jan 19, 2017, 10:45:29 AM1/19/17
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I plan to be there as well. I will try and phone Ed as soon as I am finished at RNIB.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone