Re: Braillists Forum: Surway on needs for a multi-line braille display

E Rogers Braillists Foundation

Oct 11, 2021, 7:16:10 AM10/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi Reiner

Good to have you on the Braillists Forums and good to see you have a new
Braille display concept being worked on.

The Braillists has a pretty good record of working with such projects.

What we always ask, however, is that if you want feedback on your work,
or input to help you draw up the specification for the project (such as
the survey you provided), then you will agree to take either the whole
or a subset of our community into your confidence on the technology
being developed. In short: What are the means of actuation? What
prototypes have you produced so far and who has tried them? Can a demo
be arranged if any of us are interested in being involved?

Are you happy to be candid about the technology, either publicly or
privately?

Thanks

Ed

On 11/10/2021 09:02, Reiner Delgado wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> by answering the following questionnaire you can help to make a new
> multi-line braille display being most helpful for us:
>
> What would you want to do with a 2D pin matrix display? The Technical
> University of Dresden (Germany) is planning to develop a full-page
> braille display. This device would show 15 lines of braille, each up to
> 30 cells, is less than 3cm high and runs on batteries. It takes only 5
> minutes to help us in deciding about the kind of software you would
> expect. Some suggestions and an empty text field are provided in this
> survey like reading books and documents, exploring and painting
> graphics, looking at maps etc.:
>
> https://forms.gle/jocuRJ3t6JscD9rf8
> <https://forms.gle/jocuRJ3t6JscD9rf8>. Thank you for help!
>
> Nice greetings from Berlin - Reiner
>
> --
> If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please
> email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and
> forward on any error messages you may have received.
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/FR0SPR01MB0003BE4CA534B26F1D440E3791B59%40FR0SPR01MB0003.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/braillists/FR0SPR01MB0003BE4CA534B26F1D440E3791B59%40FR0SPR01MB0003.DEUP281.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

E Rogers Braillists Foundation

Oct 11, 2021, 7:19:46 AM10/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Reiner Delgado

Oct 11, 2021, 7:54:24 AM10/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ed and all,

I am Reiner Delgado from the German Federation of the Blind and Partially Sighted.

The surway I forwarded you is from the Technical University of Dresden.
So I am not involved directly in this project.

I already told those from the university that many organisations come across with big plans on producing amazing new cheap braille devices and later we don't hear any more of them.
I think that the University of Dresden has the capacity and is seriously willing to do this project, but at the actual stage of the project they can not provide any more information.

I will forward your message to the university and tell you what they answer.

Nice greetings - Reiner

Oct 11, 2021, 5:31:23 PM10/11/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Reiner.

It sounds like you have the same interests and concerns around new
Braille technologies as we do.

I look forward to hearing back about their response.

Sincerely

Ed

Devendra Shah

Oct 12, 2021, 2:46:48 AM10/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Rainer,
I am Past President of Rotary club of Thane Green City . Mumbai , India

We are printing Braille books and distribute to blind students for last 6 years
A flagship project of my club helping blind students
I am also trying to get Braille reader but it cost more n in less amount we can give more books
Even if we get refurbished Braille reader we are ready to buy n distribute.
Meantime we have planned to set up high speed Braille printer.
You can or any one can give opinion / suggestions
Even we are ready to work with any group / NGO / institution if want to work with us in India

Regards
Devendra Shah

--

Regards,

Rtn. Devendra Shah

Rotary Club of Thane Green City

Av. Chair CSR- Program Dist. 3142   Yr 2021-22

Av. Co-Chair -TRF, Zone 3 Dist. 3142 Yr 2020-21

Club Past President   Yr 2017-18

+91 9930407414