Bombarded with Books (was RE: Braillists Forum: Comms from RNIB Reading Services)

tim.p...@btinternet.com

Aug 12, 2021, 2:10:28 PM8/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Hi Rachel and All,

I found that the only way to prevent the deluge of books, was to suspend my account, with a view to re-instating it when I next required a book.  More recently, I’ve heard that you can set your account to be ‘on request only’ or something similar.  However, at the best of times, you can expect a request for a book to take at least a week to go through the system.

Regards,

Tim

Aug 12, 2021, 3:09:07 PM8/12/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi tim. Yes i had already requested to have books sent to me on a less frequent basis. I was merely sharing the situation i was finding myself in previously. If you ask me, their entire computer system, plus some alterations to how we manage our online list (for those of us who are able) could do with a complete overhaul, which should have been considered and dealt with before any of this was introduced.

Aug 13, 2021, 3:58:11 AM8/13/21
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Hi Tim

Yes that’s how I have my account as I will only order hard copy Braille if the book isn’t available on TB, Audible, or Kindle.  I do still have a couple of Braille books on my table from the old library system which I asked RNIB if I could keep when they migrated to the new setup.  Once I’ve finished my studies, I will happily pass them onto anyone who would like them.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown

Email: jackiean...@gmail.com