FW: Second hand Perkins braillers

Stephanie Sergeant

Jun 26, 2023, 4:38:07 PM6/26/23
to Braillists Forum

Hi Forum,

Is anybody interested in one of the 4 Perkins Braillers offered below:

Jun 26, 2023, 4:45:31 PM6/26/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would be very interested in these Perkins please. We actually personally pay to have them serviced and pay for repairs and then gift them to people who are blind and in need. If you would like to donate them, then I will certainly make sure they go to good homes. All the work we do is voluntary so we don’t charge or make any money. It’s about helping those in need. We help various blind people nationwide. If you would like to donate them we will put them all to good use. Kindest regards. Sophia.

--
If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.
---

Stephanie Sergeant

Jun 26, 2023, 4:54:28 PM6/26/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your email.

I am doing exactly the same. I run a not for profit community Interest Company, Vision Through Sound, and we often hear from people who need Perkins.

Some times it is people on the Braillists forum who are asking for a Perkins, that is why I offered them.

Where are you based?

All the best,

Steph

Sophia Curtis

Jun 26, 2023, 5:07:28 PM6/26/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
That’s awesome. It’s nice to meet another with the same goals. I am based in Staffordshire. But we help people throughout the UK with various items donated. I am in a team with other blind and sighted volunteers all in various locations. We send braille and help internationally too.

Feel free to drop me an email with your company details. I’d love to check it out.

Kindest regards
Sophia

--
Kind regards
Sophia

Mary Lea

Jun 26, 2023, 9:49:07 PM6/26/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
As someone who benefited from a generously refurbished Perkins brailler within the last two years, can I just say you guys are doing God's work and you are absolutely phenomenal.

adrijana prokopenko

Jun 27, 2023, 7:07:03 AM6/27/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a teacher in a school for the blind in Macedonia, so they would
benefit my students a lot, since they are not soled in the country or
notthing much blindness related is and are too expensive for the
school to afford.