BME2 / BM2021 Braille Music Editor

developer+john

Oct 7, 2023, 4:43:21 PM10/7/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently learning Braille music and came across something called
BME2 or BM2021 but the documentation only seems to be in Spanish. What's
more it seems there is no further development of this software.

Has anyone any experience of this software on Windows 10?
It says the demo will work for a month but the cost is quite high to
purchase it, as there doesn't look like any updates sinse 2021.

Any feedback is very welcome and any tips for learning Braille music
also much appreciated.

best, john

Andrea Hope

Oct 9, 2023, 10:16:36 AM10/9/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm also trying to learn braille music. I only have some books on it. A friend helped me write a couple of pages of notes for me to refer to as it's vocal music I'm focusing on. I know bits and pieces, but I thish I was better at it. Unfortunately Ic't produce braille music myself so I have to get stuff from the RNIB, which is fine. At present I'm singing in the Belfast Philharmonic choir which does help a bit. If I was asked to sight read I'd not be able to do it. A lot of what I do is done aurally. Sometimes I₣eelI'm too old to learn braille music now. Certainly any tips would be great. I have to say the notes my friend and I did are great. I'm not sure the braille theory books and the beginners primer I have are really elping much. Maybe there's too much information in them.
Sent from my iPhone

> On 7 Oct 2023, at 9:43 pm, developer+john <jo...@developer.plus.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> --
> If you have any problems posting/replying to the Braillists Forum please email he...@braillists.org with a clear description of the issue and forward on any error messages you may have received.

developer+john

Oct 9, 2023, 10:54:21 AM10/9/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yeah there's lots to it but I believe this is because there's lots to
printed sheet music too. That said I think small steps at a time can
help.
I was wondering about doing some short videos of my study path as I
learn both Braille music and music theory, posting them on youtube.

Does this sound like something people would find helpful? It would be
quite slow paced and reflect my own learning experience.

all the best,
john

Andrea Hope

Oct 9, 2023, 11:11:24 AM10/9/23
to brail...@googlegroups.com
I guess you could put up a few videos and see how people found them.
I just had to stop reading the braille music theory books because they were complicated ′they were to me anyway′. Now I tend to only focus on the vocal score as I sing soprano 1 in my choir. I wanted to learn when I was younger but I couldn't get the tuition. Now I'm in my 40's it's even harder to take in. So being in the choir allows me to pick up on wee things.
Sent from my iPhone