Tonight's CBeebies Bedtime Story

ClearVision

Oct 13, 2022, 12:34:25 PM10/13/22
to brail...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,
Just to let you know that the CBeebies Bedtime Story tonight is going to be about, and be read in, braille. The CBeebies Bedtime story, for those who don’t have young children, is a different children’s book being read aloud by a famous person broadcast on Children’s BBC television at 6:50pm. It’s different every night, and tonight’s is being read by Paralympic cyclist Lora Fachie. It’s called The Secret Code, and is about a boy called Oscar who teaches his sighted classmate Lucy braille. Lora will be reading a braille-only copy, but we have the print copy with added braille in our library, so it can be shared by Braillists and print readers reading together, should anyone want to borrow it.

Lora (who might actually be in this group, I don’t know!) borrowed from our library as a child and will hopefully re-join in a few months when her own baby is born. The bedtime story is in celebration of World Sight Day, and a lovely way of introducing the concept of braille to a mass audience, including very young children.

Best wishes,

Alex

Alexandra Britton. She/Her.

Director, ClearVision Project