remove "getting started" drop-down list from sidebar

Максим Маслин

Mar 8, 2014, 10:43:35 AM3/8/14
to bracke...@googlegroups.com

Brackets is awesome, but is there any method to remove "getting started" drop-down list from sidebar?

Alessandro Artoni

Mar 9, 2014, 7:09:53 AM3/9/14
to bracke...@googlegroups.com
Yep, sure! Just open another folder, then open the project dropdown and click on the small 'x' to close it :)

Максим Маслин

Mar 9, 2014, 7:17:48 AM3/9/14
to bracke...@googlegroups.com
thanks for help!

Adam Dartez

Apr 5, 2015, 5:38:59 PM4/5/15
to bracke...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I just want to second that Brackets is awesome, but sometimes I move files around and when I reopen it, Brackets complains that the project is no longer there and then defaults back to the 'Getting Started' page. I'm on Ubuntu and found the source files and tried to delete the getting started files but it didn't work. Is there a way to remove this default behavior all together? I DnD files into Brackets and just want to start out with a blank slate each time? Thanks for any info!

-Adam

Andrew MacKenzie

Apr 5, 2015, 8:39:42 PM4/5/15
to bracke...@googlegroups.com
This issue I think covers some of what you mention.  Right now it's impossible to run Brackets without an open project and if the last opened project is not available it goes to Getting Started.

When you tried to remove "Getting Started" files, did you use sudo? Brackets is installed in /opt/Brackets so you need privs to be able to delete files there.

Ryan Stewart

Apr 6, 2015, 1:05:14 PM4/6/15
to Brackets-Dev on behalf of Andrew MacKenzie
Is this something lots of folks have been putting up with? I haven't currently prioritized this very high, but I also understand it's sort of annoying.

My opinion currently is that this isn't annoying to the point of being painful, but let me know if that's not the case.

=Ryan

Sr. Product Manager
@ryanstewart

Steve Bridges

Oct 31, 2019, 1:41:04 PM10/31/19
to Brackets-Dev
I feel it's pretty painful. I use brackets as a note keeper for a call center job. Every call gets a Ctrl+N. After a week or so I have over 100 untitled documents and can only see about a dozen of them at a time in a two inch section on a PORTRAIT monitor and the getting started section occupying over a foot. Can we please fix this?

MattRest Service

Nov 6, 2019, 12:59:52 PM11/6/19
to Brackets-Dev
Totally sucks  huge waste or time