Shortcuts in the right side pane

Paweł Musiał

Dec 13, 2020, 3:52:54 AM12/13/20
to Brackets-Dev
How to add shortcuts to the right side pane?

Paweł Musiał

Dec 13, 2020, 3:56:07 AM12/13/20
to Brackets-Dev
...where the 'Live Preview' and 'Extension Manager' icons are.
Brackets.jpg

Reece Griffin

Dec 13, 2020, 1:04:58 PM12/13/20
to Brackets-Dev
Thos are 'extensions' e.g. you have to write an extension & then load that extension using the extension manager.  There's lots of documentation on how to do so; I've written a couple of extensions that show up in the right hand pane if you want an example of how to write a 'shortcut' https://github.com/gr9/html-comment-button this one for example is a shortcut that wraps code in comments

Paweł Musiał

Dec 21, 2020, 8:44:38 AM12/21/20
to Brackets-Dev
Thanks Reece,
I guess it makes sense to keep that space for extensions.
I was actually looking for a way to get a 'Save' shortcut button somehow, but I can see now that right click on a 'Working Files' item works just fine.