Can someone please tell me how to get live preview to work on Brackets?

Tim Kozlov

Mar 18, 2016, 10:42:48 PM3/18/16
to Brackets-Dev

When i click the lightning bolt it says "Open an HTML file or make sure there is an index.html file in your project in order to launch live preview. For more information, see Troubleshooting Live Preview connection errors." I'm sorry if this a dumb question, but being a newbie, most of that message is gibberish to me. I'd greatly appreciate your advice.

Randall Edmunds

Mar 19, 2016, 6:39:22 PM3/19/16
to Brackets-Dev
Here's how to get started with Live Preview:
  1. Use File > Open Folder... to open the folder that holds all of the file to your HTML project. This will display your files in the list (actually a file tree) on the left.
  2. Double-click on your index.html file (or any other html file) to open it in Brackets editor.
  3. Now click the lightning bolt.

HTH,

Randy

Sahid Ali

Jun 4, 2020, 11:00:34 AM6/4/20
to Brackets-Dev
For everyone, this problem can be resolved by following steps:-

1. On menu bar, go to  File --> Open Folder (folder which have your html file for live preview)

2. Select Folder

3. Select your html file from left side bar for live preview

4. Click on bolt icon on right (preview button)

All it melts down to the fact, that you need that folder(which have your file) selected to view your output in live preview.
Let me know, if it helps someone. :)