Santa Cruz Jazz Details

Mr. Ahrens

Mar 16, 2017, 12:50:42 AM3/16/17
to Jazz Unlimited
Hello Jazz Unlimited & Families,

We're almost ready leave for the Santa Cruz Jazz Festival!

Jazz Band will rehearse at their regular 7:25AM time on Friday, after which they will load everything into the equipment trailer.
Jazz Choir will rehearse at their regular 8:30AM time on Friday. We will probably not take the entire period, however. As soon as their "run-through" rehearsal is complete, we will be on our way.

Chaperones, please meet at the music building 8:30 as well.

We will eat lunch at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and spend a few hours there afterward. There is no cost to be on the boardwalk, but there are several attractions that cost money. These are optional.

At 3:30, we will leave for UC Santa Cruz. We will be taken on a tour of the campus by Bear River Alumnus Alex Lerch.

Dinner will be at Woodstock's Pizza in Santa Cruz.

We will then check into our hotel: the Rodeway Inn in Watsonville. (1620 W. Beach Street)

We'll have breakfast at the hotel at 7AM and then travel a few miles to Cabrillo College, the site of the Jazz Festival.
We will observe other groups and take part in clinics throughout the day. JU performs at 10AM and Jazz Band performs at 3PM. Following Jazz Band's performance, we will drive home.

I'm looking forward to this being a really great trip!

Sincerely,

David Ahrens