Ashley survey cancelled, bird news

1 view

Frances Schmechel

Sep 29, 2010, 4:42:28 AM9/29/10
to BR-...@googlegroups.com
Ashley survey cancelled - see below

From: n.le...@xtra.co.nz [mailto:n.le...@xtra.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2010 9:38 p.m.
Subject: Survey and meeting

Hi All

Riverbed survey, Oct 2.  I have just spoken with Eric Spurr and we have decided that the river is still too high (and actually rising today) for a survey this week-end.  So, it is cancelled and we will just do the November one.   This is par for the course, as only twice in 11 years have we been able to survey in October - whereas we have only missed one in November. Hece, we will probably drop the October survey altogether in the future.

The river.  The birds are assembling, with 4 wrybill seen on the river last weekend - three were banded and are back where they were last year.  John D reports quite a few banded dotterels on nests, but it is still early days for the gulls and terns.

Regards

Nick L.

the sender of the message.

www.ecan.govt.nz