Simon de Vliegerunread,
Oct 13, 2020, 1:09:36 PM10/13/20
Hi other humans,
this year has been weird so far but a new release of bpython has made it
to your doorstep, 0.20 is only half of the way to 2020 and that's the
only relation I could find.
The most important bit from this changelog is:
- We will drop Python 2 support in the next release (0.21).
- Support for Python 3.5 has been removed, support for Python 3.9 has
Hope you're all doing good!
Full changelog is as follows:
* The next release of bpython (0.20) will drop support for Python 2.
* Support for Python 3.9 has been added. Support for Python 3.5 has been
* #802: Provide redo.
Thanks to Evan.
* #835: Add support for importing namespace packages.
Thanks to Thomas Babej.
* #622: Provide encoding attribute for FakeOutput.
* #806: Prevent symbolic link loops in import completion.
Thanks to Etienne Richart.
* #807: Support packages using importlib.metadata API.
Thanks to uriariel.
* #809: Fix support for Python 3.9's ast module.
* #817: Fix cursor position with full-width characters.
Thanks to Jack Rybarczyk.
* #853: Fix invalid escape sequences.