Python version banner

al...@permabit.com

Oct 14, 2014, 5:17:57 PM10/14/14
to bpy...@googlegroups.com
One of the things I like about the normal Python REPL and iPython as well is that it displays the version banner when first started. Could we have a configuration option to do this?

Thomas Ballinger

Oct 15, 2014, 7:54:03 AM10/15/14
to bpy...@googlegroups.com

I agree this would be useful. Should it be transient and go away after a few seconds or be real history? (I prefer the latter) Any thoughts on the exact text to use?

This seems like it should be turned on by default, and maybe have an option to turn it off. Does anyone not like this banner idea?

On Oct 15, 2014 4:55 AM, <al...@permabit.com> wrote:
One of the things I like about the normal Python REPL and iPython as well is that it displays the version banner when first started. Could we have a configuration option to do this?

Puiseux Pierre

Oct 15, 2014, 10:28:20 AM10/15/14
to bpy...@googlegroups.com
I agree this would be useful.
Any kind of banner.
The text could be at least « Python version : major.minor.micro »
maybe followed by Python binary path

Bob Farrell

Oct 15, 2014, 2:00:46 PM10/15/14
to bpy...@googlegroups.com
I agree too - let's leave it in as real history unless somebody objects.

Thomas Ballinger

Oct 16, 2014, 11:22:10 PM10/16/14
to bpy...@googlegroups.com
Here's a first pass: http://ballingt.com/assets/versionbanner.png