Release of bpython 0.19

supakeen

Mar 29, 2020, 3:20:11 PM3/29/20
to bpy...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

bpython 0.19 has been released and is available on pypi. The changelog
follows below. If you are hit especially hard by the deprecation of
various unmaintained backends and/or the deprecation of Python 2.x
please contact me.

Regards,

supakeen

0.19
----

General information:
* The bpython-cli and bpython-urwid rendering backends have been
deprecated and
  will show a warning that they'll be removed in a future release when
started.
* Usage in combination with Python 2 has been deprecated. This does not
mean that
  support is dropped instantly but rather that at some point in the
future we will
  stop running our testcases against Python 2.
* The new pinnwand API is used for the pastebin functionality. We have
dropped
  two configuration options: `pastebin_show_url` and
`pastebin_removal_url`. If
  you have your bpython configured to run against an old version of
`pinnwand`
  please update it.

New features:

Fixes:
* #765: Display correct signature for decorated functions.
  Thanks to Benedikt Rascher-Friesenhausen.
* #776: Protect get_args from user code exceptions
* Improve lock file handling on Windows
* #791: Use importlib instead of deprecated imp when running under Python 3

Support for Python 3.8 has been added. Support for Python 3.4 has been
dropped.

Bob Farrell

Mar 29, 2020, 3:26:13 PM3/29/20
to bpy...@googlegroups.com
Hi ! Thanks for putting this release together.

Seems like times are changing - lots of interesting changes. I will try to take a look.

Thank you for keeping support for bpython going.