Re: Please consider committing and installing the supplied AppData file

Bob Farrell

Sep 18, 2014, 3:50:35 AM9/18/14
to Richard Hughes, bpy...@googlegroups.com, b...@bpython-interpreter.org
Hi Richard,

Not too sure what this is about so have forwarded to the bpython mail group - hope you don't mind !

Cheers,

On 17 September 2014 17:59, Richard Hughes <hugh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please consider installing this AppData file
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hughsie/fedora-appstream/master/appdata-extra/desktop/bpython.appdata.xml
for the next tarball release.

This is used in GNOME and KDE software installers to add the
application description and some screenshots. We'd love to showcase
more applications, but without the extra data file we can't. The
AppData file needs to be installed to /usr/share/appdata/ on Linux and
the basename needs to match the .desktop basename. It would also be
great if you could integrate the file with your translation system
(e.g. intltool) to make the descriptions translated.

See http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/appdata/ for more details; thanks!

Richard