Fw: 2021 StL City Recreation Summer Day Camp Registration NOW OPEN!

1 view

Scott McIntosh

Apr 6, 2021, 1:04:31 PM4/6/21
to Abridged Recipients

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: City of St. Louis - Recreation Division <mail-n...@recdesk.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 08:37:18 AM CDT
Subject: 2021 StL City Recreation Summer Day Camp Registration NOW OPEN!

The City of St. Louis Recreation Division is excited to announce registration for summer day camps is now open! COVID-19 has affected all us and has forced us to make changes to our traditional summer camp set up. Before you begin the registration process, please read carefully.

GENERAL CAMP INFORMATION

We will limit the number of total campers. In order to give everyone a chance to participate in camp, we will run 2, 4-week sessions.

The camp sessions are;

· Session 1 – June 7th thru July 2nd

· Session 2 – July 5th thru July 30th

·

As you complete registration, you will be asked to rank your preferred sessions. We will do our best to accommodate your first-choice session. Depending on availability, a camper could be selected for more than one session.

Registration will officially close at 11:30pm, on Tuesday evening, April 20th.

You will be contacted by 5pm on Monday, May 3rd notifying you via email with what sessions your camper has been approved for.

Registering DOES NOT GUARANTEE a spot in any or all the weeks available for day camp.

Maximum number of slots available will be determined by staff availability.

Summer day camps will be offered at Gamble Center, Wohl Center, Cherokee Center, Marquette Center, 12th & Park Center, and Tandy Center.
Camp Time…8:00am-4:00pm
-Please make sure campers arrive no later than 8:30am and are promptly picked up at 4:00pm

Camper Ages…6-12 years old

-In order to provide the best experience, we will only be accepting campers in this age range.

Campers must be a City resident to attend day camps.

WHAT TO EXPECT

Upon arrival to the center, you will be directed where to drop off your camper in a “drive-thru” fashion.

When you pull up to the building, camp staff will greet you and your camper.

The temperature of the camper will be taken, and if it registers above 100.4°F, they will not be allowed to participate in camp that day. If the camper is denied entry into camp, we may require a doctor’s note before they could return to camp.

From there, all campers will be assigned to a group of 10. This will include 8 other campers, and 2 camp staff. All activities will be designed to keep campers 6ft apart as to adhere to social distancing requirements. As weather permits, camp staff is encouraged to have activities outside as much as possible.

Campers 9yrs of age and older will be required to wear masks when doing activities indoors. Masks will be provided.

Campers will be guided on following all social distancing requirements, as well as be instructed as to when to wash their hands.

Breakfast and lunch will be provided every day. Outside food will NOT be allowed to be brought into the building without permission of the camp director.

There will be dedicated staff members whose main responsibility it will be to clean and sanitize rooms and common areas as groups of campers move through the building.

All staff will be required to wear masks, and gloves when appropriate.

CAMP GUIDELINES

-Campers 9yrs of age and older will be required to wear masks when doing activities indoors. Masks will be provided

- Breakfast and lunch will be provided every day

- If a camper misses more than 3 consecutive days, their spot in camp may be given to the next person on the waitlist

-No parents or guardians will be allowed in the building. Parents/Guardians can call the center directly and speak with the Center Director if any circumstances arise that would require you to pick up your camper

-Proper “athletic” attire is required. No flip flops or sandals are allowed.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

If you are new to our RecDesk site, here is some general information as you move through the registration process.

-RecDesk sets up all profiles as “Households” …so create a profile for yourself first.

-From there, you will be “Add New Family Member” and there you will be able to end the information for your camper.

-If you visited a Center before and have already created a profile with us before, just click “Forgot Password” and then you will be instructed to reset your password so you can log-in to your profile.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the center you want to register at. You can find the contact information for all the centers by clicking here.

Click here to unsubscribe.