Fwd: SORRY!

Erin Godwin

Oct 26, 2021, 10:46:05 AM10/26/21
Hi Neighbors,

If you were at the BPW meeting on Thursday, thank you for joining us! A technical issue that meant we were unfortunately unable to hear from NSO Barb Potts and 3rd District Community Outreach Officer Jazmon Garrett. Sorry about that! Thankfully, Officer Garrett kindly provided a written public safety summary to share via email! Her report is as follows:

Good morning,

Below is the Crime report for Benton Park West,  please share this with the BPWN Association members.

In the last 30 days, BPWN report shows a total of 22 crimes reported.

14 out of 22 are reports of Larceny: theft from a motor vehicle, motor vehicle parts and theft from a garage.

*****PLEASE CONTINUE TO LOCK YOUR VEHICLE DOORS, DO NOT LEAVE VISIBLE ITEMS OUT INSIDE YOUR VEHICLES, REMEMBER TO CLOSE YOUR GARAGE AND LOCK THE EXTERIOR DOOR ATACHED TO THE GARAGE**********

6 out of 22 are reports of Aggravated Assaults. 3 included a firearm, however it was not used during the incident (handgun flourished). All 6 incidents we Domestic related incidents (family or individuals living together).

2 out of 22 are reports of Residential Burglary. Both homes were unoccupied at the time of occurrence.

*******PLEASE CONTINUE TO SET YOUR HOME ALARMS AND LOCK YOUR DOORS......MAKE SURE YOUR WINDOWS ARE LOCKED AND IF YOU HAVE HOME SECURITY CAMERAS MAKE SURE THEY ARE OPERATABLE.......LEAVE A FRONT/BACK PORCH LIGHT ON AT NIGHT ************

 P.S. I look forward to seeing everyone at next month's meeting. If anyone wishes to contact me, please feel free to email me or call me directly using the information below.

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

Respectfully,

P.O. Jazmon Garrett, DSN 11272/303

St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department

Third District Community Outreach

Work: 314-444-2500 Ext. 2595

Email: jdgarrett@slmpd.org