numbers on top of the waterfall display

Bob May

Feb 23, 2023, 9:25:52 PM2/23/23
to bpsk31.com Discussion list
I almost hate to ask this question but here goes: what does the graded scale (0 to 5500) on top of the waterfall represent?  Is it a scale in Hz relative to the base RF frequency? Is it audio frequency shift from some reference point? After listening to PSK31 audio signals it seems that they are different audio frequencies with higher pitch farther to the right on that scale.  Is the scale calibratable in any sense? I've been using  DIGIPAN very happily for almost a year and doubled my number of QSOs with places in the US and Europe. I like it a lot - obviously you don't need to be a genius to make it work but I'd sure like to understand that...
Bob KO4IEG

Andy - MM6PMQ Brodie

Jul 2, 2023, 1:56:38 PM7/2/23
to bpsk31.com Discussion list
Hi Bob,
Looks like nobody has replied to your question so let me see if I can...

Not sure what software you are using but all or most have the 'scale', yes this can be set to represent either Frequency or Audio, I use MixW a lot and under it's Waterfall menu there is a setting to change it to either of the aforementioned or 'Auto' (which is Frequency anyway)

You've probably researched and found your own answer to the question by now but if not then I hope I've been of some help.

Cheers, Andy - MM6PMQ

Bob Bertram

Jul 3, 2023, 4:13:37 AM7/3/23
to bps...@googlegroups.com
Interesting Andy; but you have replied to wrong Bob.
Hope you ok.
Us off to Cowal for few days.
BobB

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Jul 2023, at 18:56, Andy - MM6PMQ Brodie <ess...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,
http://bpsk31.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bpsk31?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "bpsk31.com Discussion list" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bpsk31/91f54a59-877c-4863-a3f8-fe42c0429c1bn%40googlegroups.com.