BPMN editor for choreography

Graham Crosmarie

Dec 3, 2010, 8:35:05 AM12/3/10
to BPMN Users Group
Hello everybody,

One of my colleagues is trying to design a BPMN2.0 Choreography model
and to export it to the corrersponding BPMN2.0 XML. I did not find any
BPMN editor that can perform both of these tasks.

Oryx can design a choreography model correctly but the generated XML
is not correct. And the other efficient BPMN editors I am aware of
(Bizagi, Tibco business studio) do not offer choreography design or
BPMN2.0 XML export.

Does anybody know about an editor that can achieve these tasks ?

thanks in advance,
Graham

Simon Ringuette

Dec 3, 2010, 11:56:03 AM12/3/10
to bpmn-use...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham,

Here is something that will at the very least get you started.

http://www.businessprocessincubator.com/bpmn-2-0-modeler-for-visio.html

This free BPMN 2.0 Visio modeler will let you model BPMN 2.0 Choreography Models and you can then use this service to convert (export) them to BPMN 2.0 XML

http://www.businessprocessincubator.com/convert-a-microsoft-visio-file-to-bpmn-2-0.html

Disclaimer.... I work for the business process incubator! ;)

Simon

Gero Decker

Dec 3, 2010, 12:11:46 PM12/3/10
to bpmn-use...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham,

another option for you might be the Signavio Process Editor (http://www.signavio.com). It allows you to model choreography diagrams and it directly exports valid BPMN 2.0 XML according to the newest schema.

Gero

P.S.: Yes, I do work for Signavio.

Graham Crosmarie

Dec 6, 2010, 5:46:03 AM12/6/10
to BPMN Users Group
Thanks for your answers, I have been testing both of your solutions
and they seem to allow us to do what we want :-)