messageFlow having a scriptTask as its source?

2 vues

Farrukh Najmi

non lue,
12 oct. 2010, 13:03:5912/10/2010
à bpmn-use...@googlegroups.com
According to "Table 7.4 – Message Flow Connection Rules" in BPMN2 spec we cannot have a messageFlow with a scriptTask as source.

I am wondering why is this so? What is the formal way to suggest to BPMN Working Group that scriptTask be supported as source of messageFlows?

<background>

This is the use case justification for why I think it would be good to allow scriptTasks to be source of messageFlows...

I need a SendNotification task in process A to send a Notification message to a ReceiveNotification task in process B. The natural way to do this seems to be to use a sendTask for the SendNotification task and a receiveTask for the ReceiveNotification task. However, the SendNotification needs to supports ability to send specified message to specified email addresses or specified roles (where roles are resolved to email addresses by the task using some internal data). This is very neatly done using a scriptTask that takes the necessary parameters (toRoles, toEmailAddresses, message) and send a message of a specified type. The problem is that teh spec does not support scriptTask to be the source of messageFlows.

</background>

I would appreciate any advice on how to handle my bumping against this spec limitation. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh