Our first experiences in respect to process execution

Martin Bartonitz

Nov 26, 2010, 1:46:03 PM11/26/10
to BPMN Users Group
Last year we decided to go for BPMN 2.0 and have finihed our work last
week by releasing our new version. We are a vendor of an Enterprise
Content Management System which has an Workflow Engine as well. Beside
changing the look and feel of our own process modeling tool to BPMN
2.0 (mainly the descriptive elements) we have developed an import
interface for external BPMN 2.0 based process models. The reason is,
that we have not changed our internal persistance structure. Therefore
we decided to import the BPMN 2.0 XML-files and to transform the
structure to our own structure.
I have posted about our experiences with the set of process execution
attributes. Our impression is, that the specification has been yet
more influenced by web-service orchestration than human-centric
workflow supporter. During 10 years of workflow experiences we have
developed several features which can be modeled to reduce programming
effort and tu give the users the necessary flexibility processing
their work items.
Are there any others having the same impression?
See herer our post with wishes for enhancements of BPMN in respect to
process execution: http://www.saperionblog.com/tag/bpmn-request/

Martin