Starforce and my Fury

TheCod...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2008, 9:55:44 AM9/17/08
to Boycott Starforce
Hello everyone...I am going to share with you all my little story
regarding the dreaded Starforce.

This morning i decided that i'd take a trip to my local GAME store to
check out some games. I wanted to take advantage of the 2 for £25
offer, and i'd always liked the look of Dreamfall: The Longest
journey, so i grabbed that along with Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Got home, went upstairs, put the Dreamfall CD into the drive and
installed. After installation it asked me to install some protection
software or i couldn't play the game, so i pressed yes. Then it wanted
me to reboot my computer. Did that. And upon the reboot, windows
wouldn't boot. It says that a driver is corrupted. My immediate
thoughts were "Starforce must have installed it's crap into the MBR"
So i put the Windows Vista Cd into the drive and repaired my
installation to get back onto my computer.

Now, after having removed starforce and all traces of it, my dvd drive
won't work. I can't install games anymore because of it.

This is outrageous. Is this not worthy of some sort of court action
against Starforce? IMO, they have damaged way too many peoples
computers.

One thing is for sure, i'll be keeping a checkup on the list of
Starforce games, and i refuse to purchase any that use it, no matter
how good the game is.

Thanks for reading.

matthe...@yahoo.co.uk

Nov 9, 2008, 12:11:10 PM11/9/08
to Boycott Starforce
As far as I know Starforce doesn't install things to the MBR, but it
wouldn't need to in order for it to mess up a windows installation.
The problem is it is difficult to prove that Starforce is the culprit.
Often the less ethical publishers/developers fall back on the argument
"only a tiny minority of users complain about Starforce, the ones that
to are probably pirates", Imagine how many regular users install
Starforce, which breaks something on their computer.. which they then
put down to wear and tear or bad luck or a virus, nobody suspects
malware on a store bought disc, but sadly that is the case.

On Sep 17, 1:55 pm, "TheCodexNe...@gmail.com"