Sessions management and User authentication

Mrityunjay Kant

May 3, 2012, 12:43:01 AM5/3/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom authentication and sessions management code with Bowler using Scalatra Scentry. However, Bowler creates a session and sets the jsessionid cookie on each request.  I'm unable to figure out how to turn this off? Also where do I extend for AuthenticationSupport trait from Scalatra to work with Bowler?

regards,
Mrityunjay

Ross A. Baker

May 3, 2012, 12:05:48 PM5/3/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Session tracking by cookie can be disabled in the container:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Howto/SessionIds.

Scalatra does not create a session unless the session method is
called. Scalatra's flash map implementation does require a session.
I can't speak to how Bowler uses sessions.

I'm not an expert on Scalatra Auth, but its author can be found on the
scalatra-user mailing list or in #scalatra on Freenode.
--
Ross A. Baker
ba...@alumni.indiana.edu

Mrityunjay Kant

May 9, 2012, 2:36:00 AM5/9/12
to bowler...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I've created a fork and looking into how session management can be improved and more controlled via application code. Will keep updated.

~Mrityunjay
Indianapolis, IN, USA